Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quickie Umbrella Facelift


After years in the Arizona sun my red umbrella had faded to a funky pink. The umbrella itself was still in good shape it just needed a little help. I decided to try spray painting it. I think it worked out great and looks almost new. The paint did change the stiffness of the fabric. It isn't as pliable as it was, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It almost made the fabric seem stronger. I am so happy with the results of this experiment I may add a stencil to really jazz it up!


Before:


Before and After







One can was exactly enough for one coat.





The original color under the finial and wind vent.


I wore gloves, but they did not get one drop of paint on them. This nozzle is great!


Paint was dry in ten minutes.



Back to the original color!


A can of this paint runs around 4 bucks. A bit more paint and a template and you could have a Hedge Row Studio look-alike (they run $1,379.00!!!) don't you think?