Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Light On Trial

I've now got a light hanging where there has been nothing for so long that now I'm not sure I'm digging it. Nothing new because I'm very wishy washy anyway. But when I look at it I'm 50/50 on weather or not I like a hanging light in this spot. I've got the ladder another week, so the pressure is on to decide.
I went back to the Home Depot to look again at the lights I talked about in the prior post and they all seemed too small for the space. But...I thought I could go a whole different direction and not fill the space at all by buying the bare bulb light that was this:

Kinda fun, right? It has the vintage bulb which is the thing that most drew me to these lights. I had Mr. Husband with me and he didn't hate it...which translates to "hooray, it's mine!" But then if it was going to come to this light AND to pay $79 for it (c'mon it's just a light bulb on a $2 light kit) my el cheapo mind started churning and I remembered that we have a work light similar to this in the garage. We could hang THAT and buy only the overpriced $9 vintage light bulb!!!??!!
The bad news is that I'm not sure I like anything hanging there. The good news is that if I take it down, I know I'm done with lights up there for a while and I'm not going to obsess about it. It's out of my system! really!





I have a feeling this is falling on the deaf ears of all my beautiful blog friends with fabulous, glamorous style.

This is the stylish $2 outdoor light that I have over the front door, so obviously I am lacking the Liberace gene.